Tuesday 20 September 2011


My undulating shield that guards you
from the scorching power of the sun
and opens you up to the universe at night?
My nervous system that birds use on their journeys, that you also once used for far greater deeds
back when we used to breathe together?
Was it when you took it upon yourselves
to judge and punish?
Plunder and belittle
Dominate and rule

I feel your every move.
Every Hug and every Scream.
Numerous,
Piling up, one  atop the other.

We can both hear Atlas stumbling
and my maelström calling your names.

See yourselves in all your glory,
you scheming predators, you twisted fools!

My tremors are yours
My rage,
yours.

So breathe in
 the havoc that you are.
Let my fires scorch you,
fill your lungs with soot.
Then surrender to my waters
and as you sink
I will reset.

Resurface
and join me in authentic presence,
naked and redeemed.
You shall recall thy wiring!
Reset,
start again.
Breathe with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment